The Time Difference

Okay so the time difference is something new! He is thirteen hours ahead of us! It is a crazy schedule that we try to keep up with. The time difference takes some real getting used to! I am just so grateful that he is able to call regardless of the time. It is difficult looking at the the clock or the calendar and not think about what he might be doing because of the time difference. He is kind of like living in the future. Crazy thought! But I added the world clock maps so you have a better understanding of the time change! Check it out!!

Christopher's Time Zone versus Fort Knox, Ky

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good morning!

Well here I sit trying to get motivated to start the day. It is another one of those mornings with the early wake up (0430) and the knowledge that my day will be long. I was hoping by day eight this would have gotten easier but it is draining me to wake up so early and then to go to bed so late! I am grateful for the ability to pray for strength!! Gracious me . . .
I am so proud of Christopher and all that he is doing right now. He is in SLC, Scout Leaders Course, here at Fort Knox, Ky. He has long hours and so much studying but he is pulling through like a trooper! He has not failed an exam and he is managing the class very well!! Exam three was tough for the class, 11 out of 33 failed but luckily 1SG Carey helped Christopher study Sunday afternoon. That made all the difference.
Well, I start OCS this Friday. I cannot believe that I am finally going to be able to make my dream a reality. I am eager to earn my commission and make a huge difference in the U.S. Army. It seems like only yesterday I joined the army to get away from Memphis. Who would have thought it would make my whole world and turn into a passionate career goal for me. I know that this will secure my family future in this crazy world!
Now the children, Shawn got his report card yesterday. I am so proud of him and all that he has done since he got here last July. He made straight A's the first nine weeks. One B and four A's both the second and third nine weeks. He has never made grades like this before. Christopher and I believe that this is a direct reflection of his environment. He is in the Guitar Hero Club, Lego Club, and Chess Club. He joined Boy Scouts in Septmeber and is doing exceptional in that. He was an offical BSA in September and was promoted to Tenderfoot in January. He then moved to Second Class in March. He should make his First Class by May. That would put him right on track for Eagle Scout before his 16th birthday! Crazy how amazing he is doing! No more medicines or theraphy appointments, I could honestly not be any more happier with the progress that he has shown and the advancements he has made since being here. He just seems so much happier!
Austin and Megan, where do I begin. My babies are not baby babies anymore. I am dying to have another baby but I have to rationalize how will I be able to afford another baby right now. So I just look at them and realize how blessed I am to have such beautiful children. I have three but was only pregnant twice! This rocks! Austin and Megan are doing so well. They seem to be more like twins and it is almost impossible to separate them. I mean can you blame them 22 months apart in birth and they have never been apart from each other for more than a few hours. They are personal stability. I wish the best in life for them. I really need to get back into the routine of homeschooling them like I did when we first got here. It would make for a happier family. It would be more of a routine and children love routine.
Well, I think I caught up on what most have missed out on. I will try and keep this updated and work on making the page better and photo filled. I hope and pray that I can keep this up!

No comments:

Growing together in love . . .

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers