Okay so when I last left off I was talking about allergies. Okay so maybe not talking, venting would be more appropriate. Alright - I had my appointment last Friday with Dr. Bruce Wolf an ENT located in Elizabethtown, Ky. He is suppose to be really good. I was looking forward to this appointment because I would finally be able to breathe!
Well the appointment is at 0900. I got there at 0850. I had all three children with me. Christopher couldn't help me out with the children because of one of soldiers had to be in court! So Christopher all pressed and dressed in his Class A uniform had to be at the court house at 0930. Man does he look good in his uniform! I will have to get a recent photo to post. Okay so I am a little off subject! =)
So I get there and sign in. I made this appointment 10 days in advance. I also asked the receptionist who scheduled the appointment what I needed to bring. She said just bring your records. I brought my records. I began to wait like we all do at every appointment we ever make. Then one hour went by and I was still sitting in ther huge waiting room. Then 2 hours went by and I was still sitting there!
Well finally I get some progress I made it to the little waiting room or better known as the exam room! She, the nurse brings me in and asked if I have any records to give to her. I said here they are and she begins to look through them. She asked me if I had any CT Scans done and if so did I have those with me. I looked at her like she was my archrival! I told her that radiology is not part of my records and the Army has kept all radiology and lab records electronically for 11 years! She said there may not be able to do anything for me since I didnt bring all my records! I was like are you kidding me. I asked the receptionist and she said records she didn't say anything about CT Scan! Grrr. . . so she was like we may not be able to do anything for you until you bring those and schedule another appointment!
So by this time, It is 1000. I sat there thinking I wonder if surgery is the only way to correct a deviated septum. Will I even make it that far since I don't have everything they need! What will I feel like afterwards? How much pain will be involved? Next thing you knew 45 minutes had gone by! I was like "Oh heck no!" So then I was like I am going to leave if they haven't seen me by 1100. Well, sure enough 1100 came and I opened the door. The nurse told me it would only be another 15 to 30 minutes before the P.A. came in to see me to see if I was going to need to see the doctor! I was like "Uhmm . . . I don't have anymore time for this!" And the some other words were exchanged and I stormed out of there!!!
Well, what bothered me is that I am only 25, I am still a child and I know what common courtesy but the people who worked there had no clue. I was there for my appointment on time. I had what I needed or so I thought and I was polite and patient with the office staff. Then what bothered me is when I went to leave they had the nerve to tell me that they were not running behind schedule! I probably wouldn't have been so mad if they would have been like okay we are running a little behind would you like to keep your apppointment or reschedule. I guess the world is changing so fast that it is just not the same. People have become rude and don't care about other people the way that they used to! I would have thought that the people in the medical profession would understand that the patient's time is just as important as the P.A. or the M.D. that they are there to see. I think that because they can see both sides. I feel for my children and the care that they will receive when they become adults!
Well, I got a new doctor and I love him! I will blog about him and the allergy appt later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment