The Time Difference

Okay so the time difference is something new! He is thirteen hours ahead of us! It is a crazy schedule that we try to keep up with. The time difference takes some real getting used to! I am just so grateful that he is able to call regardless of the time. It is difficult looking at the the clock or the calendar and not think about what he might be doing because of the time difference. He is kind of like living in the future. Crazy thought! But I added the world clock maps so you have a better understanding of the time change! Check it out!!

Christopher's Time Zone versus Fort Knox, Ky

Friday, April 11, 2008

Blood stained magazine pouch!

Goodbyes are so hard even if they are only for a little while. I just said goodbye to Christopher for his ten day field problem. The first three days are STX and then the next 7 are missions back to back. I know that he will do great and be just fine but I haven't been without him in over a year. I mean we did the deployment thing and have had our moments but this is tough. He can't carry his cell with him because it is an honor code violation so 10 days with nothing, no hubby's voice to pull me through.

It was really tough helping him pack last night. I had got home from work (the reason I haven't blogged in a week) and started to get his gear laid out so he could pack easier. As I was going through his box of personal gear getting ammo pouches, earplugs, and other army gear, I came aross his one blood stained magazine pouch that he had been wearing in Iraq. It flooded me with so many memories seeing that, tears just poured from my eyes.

It is hard to believe that it was 2 years 4 months and 23 days since he was hit with an IED. I can still see the scars and I know he still feels the pain of it. It still hurts me but I am so proud of him that he didn't shut down after it happened. I cannot believe that here I am thinking about his accident. It just pains me to know that he has suffered and he will never be the same again.

I know it is only a field problem but the memories all from one blood stained magazine pouch!

No comments:

Growing together in love . . .

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers